Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Father's Day

We had a wonderful weekend. Friday, Mike and Gina Davis came in town for a visit and play date for the boys. Vance kept rolling over onto Tanner. But Tanner didn't seem to mind, he just grabbed Vance's clothes to suck on them. It amazing how close in size they are yet Tanner is 2 months younger than Vance. We had a nice time visiting. Vance was very sleepy and went to bed early. Tanner stayed up for a bit longer.


Saturday Chris and I got up early and did dog duty. We took all the dogs down to the shop for baths. That afternoon, we relaxed and enjoyed the nice weather. Sunday, we celebrated Father's Day. I took Chris to Waffle House. Vance was his cheery self till the food came. He hates watching us eat! Anytime we go out to eat he always gets upset when the people around him are eating and he is not. Once he's big enough to sit well in a high chair, he might be able to join in and eat some rice cereal.

I surprised Chris with tickets to go see the new Hulk movie on Sunday. Vance stayed at my sisters house and we enjoyed a nice afternoon in the theater. After the movie, we met back up with Penny and Justin and drove to KC to meet my dad for dinner. Again, Vance did great till the food came. I had to take a break from my own plate to let Vance nurse. He was a bit happier, but still upset that he couldn't eat our food. I forgot my camera in the car, so unfortunately I don't have pictures to share of Vance and his grandpa.

Last night Chris and I had Chuck and Cara over for a Father's Day cookout. We had hamburgers, brats, and corn on the cob. I learned my lesson about the food and Vance, we gave him cereal just before our food was ready. It worked out great. Turns out a full belly makes him very tired at 8pm (go figure). Shortly after, he was snoozing away in his crib.

A couple weeks ago Chris and Vance had some "Father's Day" pictures taken. Just thought I'd share them with you all. :)

No comments: