Thursday, November 20, 2008

The wonderful life of Vance

We're getting ready for the holidays at our house. It's that time of year again! We've moved the furniture around in the living room, making room for the Christmas tree. Originally we weren't going to put one up this year, but I can't go without a Christmas tree. Hopefully Vance stays out from under the tree. (yeah right)
Vance is as busy as ever. He's been going through a growth spurt, we think. He's sleeping 12-13 hours almost every night and eating all day long. I'm gonna go broke buying snacks for him, lol. He's still a really good eater. There is a very short list of foods he won't eat and an extremely long one for the foods a loves. On the top of his love/like list is mashed potatoes. Anytime we go out to eat or cook a nice meal at home, Vance has to have lots of potatoes. You'd think he has hollow legs due to how much he eats. Today we had peanut butter bread. I've read where it says not to feed peanut butter to babies, because of a coking hazard. But Vance doesn't care if he CAN have it; he just wants it, NOW! For those of you that have been around him when he eats, you understand what I mean when I say 'now'. He's not the most patient when it comes to getting food.
One of his favorite things to do is take a bath. Or anything that has to do with water. At home we can keep the toilet lid down, but there isn’t al lid on the one at the shop. I have to keep the door shut; otherwise, he’s in there sticking his hands in the toilet. Same goes for the mop bucket. He can reach it when he’s in the walker. I can always tell when he’s found water somewhere. For example, dog bowls. If there’s a giant puddle around the toilet, mop bucket, or dog bowl, Vance has been there.
Yesterday I tried getting the tub rinsed out while Vance was in my arms. Once I picked up the plug, he went crazy! He immediately tried climbing out of my arms and into the tub. I could barely get his clothes off, he was wiggling so much. He spent almost an hour in the tub. I had some dogs to finish up, so I let him play. It turned into a game of fetch. More like “Mommy, go fetch”. What a little squirt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched it twice! What a squirt isn't the half of it. He is so adorable, I couldn't help but laugh out loud.The best part was when the toy stuck to the side of the tub. Oh, and then the Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas music playing was great too!
Love, Grandma Bug