Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A whole new room

Chris and I painted the bedroom this weekend. It was an experience! I went to wal-mart and chose a nice cheery yellow color. I bought 2 gallons of it and went home. We moved all the furniture out of the room and got to work. I painted the first wall... I didn't like it. So then I painted the other 2 walls... hated it. Chris and I looked at the room and realized it looked like a giant banana blew up. It was awful! I didn't want to do anymore to the room. At this point I was very upset and almost in tears. It was getting late so we moved the mattress back into the bedroom and I went to sleep.
The next morning, Chris and I went to wal-mart for some idea's of how we could fix the giant banana in the bedroom. Neither of of knew exactly what to do. We did buy some white to outline the trim. After getting home with the white I went to work on the baseboards and window frames. Chris, being the wonderful man he is, ran an "errand". (not telling me where he was going) When we came back he came in with this yellow note card. He asked me if I liked the color. I did, it was a much lighter yellow then what was on the wall. Then he said that since I liked it, there was a gallon of it in the living room for me. YAY! I gave him a great big hug. He deserved it. So then we went to work and repainted the room. It turned out really nice. I am very happy with it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Grandma Lu is happy with your blog. First thing I do when I get on this is to check it out along with Melanies & Pams. I can just picture the pale or pastel yellow walls and just know that boy or girl will like it too.

The Duffs said...

I like the pale yellow! Hope things are going well with you!