Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Finally, an update!

It's been a busy 3 weeks. First of all, I lost my camera. Luckily today I found it. So I will try and get everything in and include a picture.
First news on the baby, we have a date for the sonogram. Chris and I, hopefully, will find out if it's a girl or boy on Aug 20th. YAY! We're both real excited. I'm pretty anxious. Everything else is going well. I've been feeling much better. I've had a lot more energy. I even went for a short jog on Sunday morning. Luckily I brought Sage (one of our dogs) with me and she slowed me down. I tend to push myself sometimes too hard. During pregnancy, that isn't something you should do. But this was a healthy run.
On a side note, for those of you that don't know, we are going to loose Sage soon. Sage has Lymphoma. They've given her about 3 months to live. But as of this week, we're pretty sure we don't have that much. She has tumors on her throat and they are growing quickly. She is still eating well. We will try to keep her comfortable for as long as possible.
So anyways, something happier... CHRIS AND I ARE MOVING! We've found a 2 bedroom house for rent. It's about 10 blocks from my grooming shop, so it's very convenient. We get to move in Sept 1st. I'm so excited about this house. We'll finally have the room for the baby we need. We've had a hard time finding a house because of our dogs. But we are allowed to have them at this new house. And with is being so close to the shop, we can probably keep a few there when needed. This has truley been an answer to prayer.
So! On with the pregnancy. ( I told you there's been a lot going on) I'm now in my 18th week. All the books say that he/she's about 5 1/2 inches long, "about the size of a large onion". I still haven't felt any movement. But I know it's coming. Here's my 18 week picture.


2 comments:

Gene said...

Amy, you look as healthy as ever. Can't wait till we find out if it will be a he or a she. We will love either one. Drove by and check out your house, looks good to us. Thanks for fishing with me, you make granpa proud.
Granpa & Lois

Gene said...

Amy in case you are wondering grandpa knows how to spell grandpa.
I was so excited my hands worked faster than my mind.
GRANDPA!