Tuesday, October 16, 2007

October 15th, what a big day!




My baby shower was last night. I had such a wonderful time! We had a great turn out. I think there was around 20 people there. The cake was delicious. I wasn't able to have any till I got home. My stomach was in knots at the shower. I barely drank any punch. We played a word scramble game. I wasn't any good at it. Penny had to give me a few hints. Penny also had the women write on onesies. They were suppose to write messages to the baby or to the parents. They turned out cute. Cara wrote one saying, "Don't Shake Me" and Jamie's said "Don't mind the smell, I get it from my dad". We'll have to make sure we get a picture of Vance in his personalized onesies.

Julie Arnold told me she had never see so many gifts at one shower. I came home with a car full, literally. My trunk was completely full, my back seat was filled to the ceiling and the front passenger seat was full. It was kinda funny driving home, I had balloons blocking the back window. I had Chris help me unload the car. He couldn't believe how much stuff there was. After we got it all in the house, we put it all on the table and tried going through it. We just looked at what we got. I didn't even try to put anything in the nursery. I guess I'll be doing that tonight. :) We have a job ahead of us.

Yesterday I also had my doctors appt. Chris went with me this time. I knew they were going to draw blood and I also had to get a shot. I wanted to make I had someone to drive me home in case the blood and shots got to me. I was alright. They also did a sugar test on me. I passed. I'm not diabetic. Everything is measuring up right and I am gaining enough weight. Only 4 pounds in 1 month. They expect me to gain 1 pound per week. But if I keep this up, I'll end up weighing about 200lbs when the baby is born. AH! That's a scary number for me. :) Otherwise everything is still going well. The Dr. ask me about his movement and was glad to hear he is active. She thinks this is a good pregnancy. No complaints or concerns. They have me coming back in 3 weeks and then from then on I will be going every 2 weeks.

1 comment:

The Handyman and the Foreman said...

Sounds like you have a great baby shower. Wish I could have been there, but I wasn't invited. :) Ok, so I couldn't have made it from Tucson...
Put some pictures on the blog of the cute outfits and such!